The Tethered Balloon
The permanent tethered balloon continuously monitors the thermal and dynamic conditions of the atmosphere, providing a sample of the surface cover and its thermal response at scales inaccessible to satellites. These data will be used to improve the accuracy of flood forecasting climate prediction models.
- Combined measurement of pollutants (gases and particles), wind profile and turbulence of the atmospheric boundary layer, allowing the assessment of surface characteristics and its thermal signature
- Permanent monitoring thanks to optical fiber that recovers data instantly.
- Ability to carry a heavy payload of 31kg composed of various miniaturized instruments
- Visibility of the ground almost permanent (in comparison with the satellites)
- Long autonomy in flight
- Light maintenance
- Stealthy and silent
- Very secure, the ball can be brought back or deflated at any time
- Accredited by the aeronautical authorities.
The drone is used for the occasional measurement of phenomena on the outskirts of the city and provides a better calibration of urban models. It offers a unique coverage all around the city to monitor all incoming and outgoing phenomena.
- Track information in all points, at all altitudes and at the right time, which the balloon, satellites and in-situ instruments can not do
- Search for information on the periphery of information that is advected, incoming or outgoing from the urban perimeter
- Allows measurements in 3 dimensions and thus to obtain data on the dynamics of the environments, fluxes and sources that induce them
- Long autonomy of several hours
- A reference drone for aviation certification services
In partnership with various actors of the civil drone.